At CCIND | Dr. Sid Solomon DDS | Cosmetic Dentist | TMJ Expert | Los Angeles, we make every effort to provide our patients with the most thorough dental exams possible. All new patients will receive a comprehensive dental exam during the first appointment.
What is a dental exam?
- X-ray examination (radiographs)- X-rays are necessary to detect decay, bone loss, tumors, cysts and the positions of roots and teeth. These problems usually cannot be seen when the dentist examines the patient’s mouth during a regular dental exam. Our office uses digital x-rays, which emit 90% less radiation than traditional x-rays. Click here to see our digital x-ray page for more information.
- Examination of existing restorations- The patient’s existing fillings, crowns, and other restorations will be examined to make sure they are in good condition.
- Examination of tooth decay- Our expert team of dental professionals will use special dental instruments to inspect all tooth surfaces for any decay.
- Gum disease evaluation- The gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any signs of periodontal (gum) disease and we will measure the pocket depths between teeth and gums.
- Oral cancer screening- The gums, face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be examined for any indications of oral cancer. If there are any signs, we will recommend a more thorough exam.
Call our dental office in Los Angeles, California, today at 310-475-5598 to ask any questions, or to make an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Sid Solomon.