- Avoiding hard foods
- Avoiding chewing gum, as it causes a lot of stress and tension in the jaw.
- Gently massaging the muscles in the face in order to release tension
- Low-intensity daily workouts such as walks and hikes,
- Relaxing and implementing stress-relieving techniques into daily life
- Genuinely paying attention to posture, especially when at a computer
While these simple actions can help reduce TMJ symptoms, it is highly recommended that you seek treatment in order to treat and eliminate the cause of the symptoms, versus masking them or temporarily “fixing” them. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Solomon today and spend an hour with Dr. Sid himself, learning about you, your symptoms and your health history in order to diagnose and help you on your road to recovery.